Thursday, November 6, 2008

Holding Government Accountable


One of the things that drives me crazy is listening to people complain about politicians or their government and later find out they didn’t vote.

As individuals, we must hold our government accountable, not just Washington D.C., but local government as well.

My daughter once told me that she defines politics as; “Poly” meaning many and “Tics” meaning blood sucking parasites. I think she’s on to something. Unfortunately we have become a nation of cynics that no longer have faith in the ability of government to do the people’s business. It seems that politicians move their own interest ahead of the people they represent.

Is that the peoples fault? Maybe, you pick them! It’s my belief that time after time, politicians will say or do anything to earn your vote then fail to follow through on what was promised.

This blog will outline Pinal County Government, individual politicians and their respective progress, success and failures.

For the first time ever, I involved myself directly in Pinal politics. I gave hundreds of hours of my time and hundreds of dollars of my hard earned money and I fully plan to hold the people I helped get elected accountable.

It’s time for the great people of the United States of America to stand up and be heard.

2 comments:

Seraphim said...

I wish you all the best with your blog, and with your political activism! It's really possible to make a difference. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Bill Conley said...

Thank You.
You can count on hearing more from me.